Last Updated: 16 August 2023
YON E Global Holding (herein referred to as “YON E Global”, “we”, “us”, “our” in this policy) with its principal place of business at Herengracht 449A, 1017BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands, is the ‘controller’ of and is responsible for your personal data. We are engaged in the business of selling products and services for women’s intimate health and are the largest femcare marketplace in the European Union and also offer a state-of-the-art medical device that tracks four essential health markers in a single, elegant, and data-driven product. We operate YON E Global (including the application itself, its services, features, etc. collectively “Services“) and www.yone.global (“Site”). We understand the importance of protecting our customer’s (“Customer”, “you”, “user”) personal information. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information which we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide us, will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully so that you are familiar with our practices regarding your personal information, privacy, and security while using YON E Global.
For general and data privacy related concerns, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when registering on our website, leaving any reviews or comments, and filling in forms on our website/application, such as when you sign up for newsletters or apply for jobs);
- purchase any products from our website/application or subscribe to any of our services;
- contact our customer service centres or request information from us in any other way;
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research; and
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third-party applications, or similar technologies;
- opt to utilize our referral service to introduce a friend to our platform.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Personal identifiers: name; billing address; email address; and telephone numbers;
- Account login information: user ID and password; IP address; device ID; and web browser information;
- Financial information: credit card details (for the purpose of processing the purchase through third party partnered payment gateway); in-app purchases;
- Referral Service: Name and Email Address of your friend. Subsequently, an email will be sent to your friend, inviting them to explore the Site. However, such information may not be stored by us.
Automatically Collected Data (through Cookies and Similar Technologies)
We also store certain data that gets collected automatically at our end, for example through using cookies and other similar technologies. For more information on the cookie, please refer to the cookie notice at https://yone.global/cookie-policy/.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Information you give us: This information includes Identity, Contact, and communications data, you consent to give us about you by filling in the forms on the Website (“Sites”), or by corresponding with us via, for example, email or chat. It also includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our services, search for an App or service, share data via an App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or other activities commonly carried out in connection with an app, including bug reports, and reporting of any other problem with the App, our services, objectionable content, etc. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
This section applies to users in the UK and/or the EEA.
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK. Whenever we transfer your information in this way, we will take steps that are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Where relevant, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country.
If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us at email@example.com for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only process your data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will process your personal data under the following circumstances:
Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us and/or where you have provided your explicit consent for us to process certain of your physical information as part of your use of the App/Site (as described above).
Our legitimate business interests: We may process your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests. For example, we may process your personal information to improve our products and services, to comply with legal requirements, or to protect our interests.
Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you may purchase products/services from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order.
We will always take steps to ensure that the processing of your personal information is fair and lawful, and that it does not unduly affect your privacy. You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YON E Global is committed to safeguarding and protecting personal information and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect any personal information provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Our Site and App may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites and services such as our business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites and/or services, please note that they have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third-party privacy notices before you submit any personal information to these websites or services.
We have appointed VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd. (“VeraSafe UK”) as our representative in the United Kingdom for data protection matters. If you are in the United Kingdom, in addition to contacting us, you can contact VeraSafe UK on matters related to the processing of personal data by (i) using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative, (ii) telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003. or (iii) mail at VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd., 37 Albert Embankment London SE1 7TL United Kingdom.
You acknowledge the Company’s prerogative to establish general usage guidelines and limitations for the Services. This encompasses aspects such as the maximum duration for which data or other content will be stored by the Services, as well as the utmost storage capacity allocated on behalf of users on the Company’s servers. You agree that the Company cannot be held responsible or liable for the deletion or inability to retain any data or content managed or uploaded via the Services. Additionally, you recognize that the Company retains the right to modify these general practices and limitations, as determined at its sole discretion. In instances where mandated by applicable law, efforts will be made to notify you of such changes.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us including our customers and visitors to our Site and/or App, financial information for the purpose of processing the purchase through third party partnered payment gateway, will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLS
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you as described below.
For EEA (“European Economic Area”), United Kingdom:
- Right to be informed: You can have clear and concise information about what is done with your personal data and why.
- Right of access: You can access the personal data we hold about you.
- Right of data portability: You may receive the personal data provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and may transmit those data to another controller.
- Right of correction: You can have incorrect personal data updated or deleted.
- Right of erasure: You can have your personal data deleted.
- Right to restrict processing: You may object to the processing of your personal data carried out based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes. Classification: Confidential
- Right to object: You have the right to have a mechanism to opt out of marketing communications at any time.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision making: You cannot be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please note that before responding to any requests to exercise your rights, we will require you to provide us with proof of identity and address. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within 1 month (although this may be extended in certain circumstances with prior notification to the requestor).
CHILDREN’s PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER THE AGE OF 18
We are committed to protecting the privacy of minors and ensuring compliance with applicable laws regarding the collection and processing of children’s personal information. Our App/Site requires you to be 13 years of age or above to be eligible to use its Services. Therefore, we do not intentionally or knowingly collect any personal information relating to children individuals under the age of 13, nor do we encourage their usage. For users between the age of 13 to 18 years old, we always require their parents’ or guardians’ written and recorded consent. If the company is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided their personal information, then YON E Global will delete the information collected from its records and block the account. and if a user is between 13 and 18 years of age, then YON E Global would necessarily require their parents/guardian’s consent to provide the user’s Personal Information for registration and further processing. We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
For the users located in the European Economic Area (EEA) only, we do not collect information of children below the age of 16 as it is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children, as required under GDPR. The data of children below 16 years shall be processed only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Approaching YON E Global: You will email the details of your dispute/complaint at the email address provided in the contact section, and YON E Global will attempt to satisfy you or resolve your claim within a period of 3 months from the date of receipt of your complaint/dispute notice. Your email must have the following particulars stated explicitly:
- Your name
- Operational contact details (Email Address, Phone Number, Mailing Address, etc.)
- Details of the claim along with any measures you took on your own to correct the issue at hand What remedy or corrective measure you seek from YON E Global for your inconvenience.
If your complaint or dispute raised by you is not resolved pursuant to the above paragraph, such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by the courts of Amsterdam. Additionally, if you are a user of the services based in the United States or Canada, we both agree that all the matters of grievance will be resolved through individual action before the court of Amsterdam and not a class action before any court or tribunal. We agree that there will be no consolidated disputes or disputes involving any third party/entity. Similarly, if we have a claim, complaint or dispute against you, we may at our own discretion, either file such a claim or complaint before a court in the place of user’s/your residence or before the courts of Amsterdam, whichever we find convenient.
This policy is in the English (UK) language and supersedes any other translated version of the same document or the meaning they may imply.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. The new Privacy Notice will be displayed on our website and App.